Hayward GLX-PCB-ONCOM Main PCB Replacement for Hayward Goldline Oncommand Automation
– To Repair or Replace Your Heat Pump Control Board
It’s never an easy to decide when it is indeed time to replace your pool’s heat pump and in most cases, replacement is only lived after immense repairs to the very point of “out of aces”. Considering the costs involved, most people will opt to continue with consoling repairs hoping replacement never have to deem imperative. However if you think of the comfort, health and efficiency aspects heat pump replacement projects, then this will help you make a more informed decision.
How do you know when it is time to replace your heat pump?
Heat pumps as compared to gas heaters can work incredibly to save you on energy expenses accrued through heating and cooling. Most of these pumps are estimated to live up to 15 years but just because there is that life expectancy, maintenance can neither be overlooked. Maintenance will often comprise of repairs on the heat pump control board or its components but with time, these repairs will quit making sense and rationale thinking will no doubt make a better judgment.
In this regard, replacement deems inevitable when these signs starts crawling up:-
- If your heat pump has been operational for more than 10 years, it’s slowly but surely preparing you for a replacement investment.
- While poor insulation and leaking ducts could also be to blame when it comes to uneven temperatures, a faulty heat pump is often the greatest culprit.
- Escalating energy bills accrued through heating and cooling are a clear indication that your heat pump is working 24/7 to bring you down on your knees. If there has not been additional PCB related details in the house and you realize your energy bills have gone a little bit over the top, then your heat pump may have stopped working efficiently as it did and replacement is rather sensible.
- If the constant repairs facilitated beats conscious judgment, then whether you’ve managed to hit the life expectancy period offered by the manufacturer, it is time to ditch the manufacturer’s opinion and make a sound decision.